Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

"So we come now to the beginning of another year and the first day of the rest of our lives. With discipline and determination let us make it a good year and a good life for us and for our families and neighbors. It is desirable to begin each new day with resolves such as these, or some others of your own choosing:

Just for Today:

I will seek my Heavenly Father in earnest prayer. I will listen for the
promptings of the Spirit to guide me.
I will express my love for God and his son, Jesus Christ, in prayer and will
show my love for them through service to my fellowmen.
I will study and strive for more understanding of the gospel.
I will seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness.
I will listen to and heed the counsel of God's prophet. I will keep the
covenants and commandments.
I will teach someone about the gospel by word or by example.
I will observe the standards of the Church.
I will express through word and deed my love for my family.
I will be honest in all my dealings.
I will prepare myself for the tasks that have been assigned to me.
I will do a kind deed for someone this day.
I will express appreciation and gratitude for all blessings.
I will be loyal where I should be loyal.


Finally, we can do no better than to make and keep the resolves found in our 13th Article of Faith: "We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul-We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things." [A of F 1:13] " N. Eldon Tanner, New Era, Jan 1975, 4

No comments: