Monday, March 2, 2009

Today's quote

“When George A. Smith was very ill, he was visited by his cousin, the Prophet Joseph Smith. The afflicted man reported: ‘He [the Prophet] told me I should never get discouraged, whatever difficulties might surround me. If I were sunk into the lowest pit of Nova Scotia and all the Rocky Mountains piled on top of me, I ought not to be discouraged, but hang on, exercise faith, and keep up good courage, and I should come out on the top of the heap.’ (George A. Smith Family, comp. Zora Smith Jarvis, Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University Press,1962, p. 54) There are times when you simply have to righteously hang on and outlast the devil until his depressive spirit leaves you. As the Lord told theProphet Joseph Smith: ‘Thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high.’ (D&C 121:7–8.)”Ezra Taft Benson, Tambuli, Mar 1987, 2

No comments: