Saturday, March 27, 2010

Inspirational Quote

"Remember that when you help another up a mountain, you are a little nearer the top yourself. Try to look at your brother or your sister in the right perspective.
One man said, "I looked at my brother through the microscope of criticism, and I said, 'How coarse my brother is.' I looked at my brother through the telescope of scorn, and I said, 'How small my brother is.' Then I looked into the mirror of truth, and I said, 'How like me my brother is.'"

"An attitude of love characterized the mission of the Master. He gave sight to the blind, legs to the lame, and life to the dead. Perhaps when we make face-to-face contact with our Maker, we will not be asked, "How many positions did you hold?" but rather, "How many people did you help?" In reality, you can never love the Lord until you serve Him by serving His people" (Thomas S. Monson, BYU Devotional, January 11, 2009).

No comments: